+1 713 780 2135
Location Atlanta, GA, USA
Year June, 2021 – June,2022
Project Area:509,180 sq. ft.
Contractor(S):Parker Engineering Mechanical, Inc
Owner:New City, LLC
This is a residential building with stair-stepping terraces in Atlanta, Georgia. The process of 3D Coordination between Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, and Fire Protection trades was associated with Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology.
A. 354 nos. Condensing Units are located on the Roof, along with the pipe layouts, to maintain walkway and equipment clearance.
The design document was not showing the proper location of the condensing units as per the pipe layouts in the below levels. Pinnacle has re-arranged all the condensing units considering their access clearance and shortest pipe routing.
B. Continuous changing of the design documents.
Pinnacle received the design changes as early as possible and modified the models/drawings in time. Change orders have been approved by the client before starting any modifications.
• 3D Models of Domestic Water Supply, Drainage, Gas piping, Ducting, and Mechanical Piping will be created from the 2D Design drawings.
• Coordination is to be done as per the direction received from the General Contractor.
• Shop drawings, Sleeve drawings have been created based on the coordinated Revit models.
• 3D Models of Ducting and Mechanical Piping have been created from the 2D Design drawings.
• BIM Coordination with other trades: Pinnacle has to maintain coordination between the Plumbing 3D model and the Architecture, Structure, and other elements/Services present in the 3D BIM model provided by -the client. For unresolved clashes, Pinnacle will highlight the issues to the client.
• 2D Drawings – Detailed Plumbing 2D Shop drawings, Sleeve drawings (Deck & Wall) will be prepared, showing the elevations, annotations, dimensions, and tagging.
• Coordination was challenging, but Pinnacle managed to locate all Ducts and Pipes in between the ceiling space using fewer fittings and providing the shortest routing.
• Revit Fabrication tool helped provide an accurate construction stage model.
Contractor(s):Parker Engineering Mechanical, Inc
Download Project Detail
Project Detail will be sent over the provided Email address as well.
Goa International Airport, MOPA