Pinnacle is proud to have its hands in completing the 14 years awaited project, delayed due to land acquisition matters but is now soon to be operated with regular flights from January 2023.
This airport is objected to avoiding congestion caused due to a common runway in the pre-existing Dabolim airport, owned by the INDIAN NAVY and operated by AAI. This project is a relief to the much-needed solution for air traffic there.
It was supposed to be developed in 4 different phases having the Passenger terminal building (PTB) gross floor area of approximately 67,726 sq.mt. including Forecourt and Utility building. Phase one handling capacity is 4.4 million passengers per annum (MPPA), which will grow to 8MPPA.
• Coordinating and preparing Shop drawings and interfacing details for PTB, ATC & ATCTB Buildings.
• To rectify the received shop drawings from the vendor by coordinating and interfacing them in detail with other trades/agencies (e.g., MEP, lT, Facade, etc.) and further issuing them as coordinated shop drawings to the Site for execution in coordination with GGIAL.
1. Model Handling of such a vast scale project. Slowing down and frequent corruption of the health of model files.
Solution: The model was fragmented into multiple small files based on building elements and levels to avoid lagging issues in running the files.
2. Cut-outs involving a large element in the linked files were a challenge, with frequent changes in MEP.
Solution: Pinnacle Addin smart cut was used to tackle the frequent challenge of coordination cuts.
• Value Engineering exercises for Building Materials – Ceiling/Floor Tiles.
• Constructibility Analysis
• Clash Coordination with possible solutions to consultants.
• Preparation of Walkthroughs and digital images.